Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Geekdom in all it's glory! :)

I absolutely love most of my classes this semester :) Even though I don't feel like these are challenging me enough to think and be pro-active like Chemistry did, it is a different kind of challenge. I do miss Chemistry terribly and I can't wait till the Fall semester to take a higher level just for fun :-D

Psychology- I love reading and talking about life and how people act the way they do (in certain situations) and why. Dissecting the ever so complex human mind is exhilarating!My professors knowledge on this subject is extensive! Sure he has his doctorate in Psychology and has been practicing for about 25 years now :-P ... but the stories are always so interesting and it gives me something to analyze and shred apart anxiously waiting to see whats underneath yet another layer of a beautiful (and sometimes deviant) mind! :-D

Sociology- I think ties into Psych. It takes it to a larger scheme and you get to dissect why certain societies follow certain rituals. One thing that did upset me is the outdatedness of the book. It talked about how fat women were perceived to be attractive and beautiful in the Nigerian society. This is not true!! It depicted a few societies as though they still lived in trees and traveled on camel backs...phulease! Give me a break!! Thank God for our prof. though- he is a very intelligent human being with a kind heart and an open mind. We constantly bounce ideas back and forth about what could have brought about certain changes in different societies.

English- Our English class is supposed to be the P.I.A. class, focusing on research and research alone. I have met so many students who HATED this class because their professors made it hell for them. I have been blessed with the best professor (okay, second best- the first one was defi. Mrs. Nickie Isaacson. :-D) who genuinely wants her students to succeed.

Anatomy and Physiology- So rad to learn about your body and all the cool stuff in it! I can't wait to go to the Body Museum in New York with W. I hope he can make it! =) Dr. Jaloway makes it SO easy to learn this stuff!!

I cannot wait until I get to take Pharmacology! :-D *squeals in excitement*

Did I mention I LOVE *most* of my professors?!

History- I plead the 5th. (Hey... I did say I love MOST of my classes and professors- not ALL. I'm allowed ;) heh)


1 comment:

John "Alter Negro" Minus said...

You won't need my help in Psych and Sociology. You're a smart girl.