Thursday, December 27, 2007

I miss...

  • being excited like the night before a picnic or a big day
  • the warmth of the sun kissing my skin
  • kayaking on a hot summer day... the wind, the silence of the lake, the glorious rays of the sun
  • meaningful conversations about nothing and about everything
  • being able to run outside the house in shorts and a tank top
  • our catch games we played on the playground from 7 am till 7 pm every summer
  • being called for in between catch games only to come home and be served a nice hot plate of food
  • the dust that covered every inch of my legs because of playing barefoot all summer long
  • Holi as a child
  • street dogs that knew me by my scent
  • being able to see role models all around me
  • being left alone
  • company
  • kittens that wrestled with my hand without leaving a scratch!
  • curds rice being mixed to a perfection by mom ... and her spicy chillies to go along with!
  • mountain biking by myself for hours on end...
  • all the views that kept me company for all those hours
  • being able to just...be
  • warm samosas with tea every evening
  • watching He-man right after church =)
  • Sunday afternoon naps
  • 110 degree weather
  • being so ecstatic about my birthday!
  • brown book covers at the beginning of every year
  • the only person who knew me in and out-Nancy
  • being able to whisper happy secrets in the ear of a trusted one

No comments: