Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sometimes

..I wish I could just have one person I could count on. However, the bitter fact of life, is that no matter what, I need to plan my life for myself. Not for anyone else- just me. Love withers away, or maybe it wasn't real to begin with; Friendships are there, but it has it's own life, away from mine. Each time I try to factor in someone else to share this life with, I am reminded that the only person I can count on to stay putt forever- is me. While the nice things like stability, love and independence seem like a distant future, I have to concentrate on the NOW. And I have to assume that this distant future is a very big "maybe" conditioned by the accordance that I be selfish and take only my ambition and goals into the formula. Another bitter lesson of life: In order to be selfless, you have to be selfish first.

2 comments:

John "Alter Negro" Minus said...

I'm so sorry that we got into that argument, because we have so much in common. Reading your thoughts is like reading my mind... I think this mindset we have maybe another symptom of what we've been through. But I have to say, when you find the right friends, they become like arms and legs, they're always with you, in one way or another.

GoldenSoul said...

ppsstt... *HUG* =)